Application for high load permit and working near power lines

High load permit

When transporting high loads such as houses, machinery and industrial equipment, a high load permit is required. Once the application is submitted to us, staff will process the application to determine if an electricity shutdown is required and then issue a high load permit. The transporting vehicle must carry the permit.

Apply for a high load permit

Working near conductors of overhead power lines

You must maintain a minimum distance of 4.0 meters between any part of your machine or its load, and any overhead electric line, unless you have been given specific approval in section (b) of this notice to approach more closely. If approval for this is given, then it applies only to the lines in the street or locality specified, and only to your machine while it is operated by you.

Application to work near conductors of overhead electric lines