Alpine Energy

Acessibility Quick Links

Site Search form
  • Report the fault– call your electricity retailer, or Alpine on 0800 661177.
  • Use a torch instead of candles, to reduce the risk of fire.
  • Turn your main switch off and check that nothing has fallen onto stoves and heaters – this will lessen the risk of fire when power comes back on.
  • Ensure all electric cords and appliances are unplugged from the wall socket.
  • Keep your fridge and freezer closed. Food in fridges and freezers will last longer if you keep the doors closed while the power is off.
  • Inspect electrical appliances for any visual damage and if damage is found, do not use.
  • Do not attempt to make any repairs to damaged or faulty electrical equipment. Consult a qualified electrician.
  • Obtain advice from an electrician if you plan to use a generator for power.
  • Stay clear of any fallen power lines and other damaged network equipment - treat them as live at all times.