Acessibility Quick Links
Alpine Energy main navigation
- Report the fault– call your electricity retailer, or Alpine on 0800 66 11 77.
- Use a torch instead of candles, to reduce the risk of fire.
- Turn your main switch off and check that nothing has fallen onto stoves and heaters – this will lessen the risk of fire when power comes back on.
- Ensure all electric cords and appliances are unplugged from the wall socket.
- Keep your fridge and freezer closed. Food in fridges and freezers will last longer if you keep the doors closed while the power is off.
- Inspect electrical appliances for any visual damage and if damage is found, do not use.
- Do not attempt to make any repairs to damaged or faulty electrical equipment. Consult a qualified electrician.
- Obtain advice from an electrician if you plan to use a generator for power.
- Stay clear of any fallen power lines and other damaged network equipment - treat them as live at all times.