Take care when moving around your property:
- If you receive any "tingles" when touching electrical appliances or water taps, turn off the main switch immediately and seek assistance from a qualified electrician.
- Exposed wires should be treated with care. Turning off the main switch does not mean that the wires feeding power to your house will be safe.
- If circuit breakers trip or fuses blow, this is a warning that something is wrong - switch the circuit off and seek qualified advice.
- Keep children well away from electrical equipment.
- Stay clear of any fallen power lines - treat them as live at all times.
For further information and advice, visit the safety section of our website.